Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
The SSSTS course is delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. Delegates will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test
Upon successfully completing the course delegates will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate
At the end of the period of training delegates will be aware of and able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely.
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements.
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively.
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
The CITB is the Industry Training Board for the construction industry and a partner in Construction Skills, the Sector Skills Council. It’s their job to help the construction industry attract talent and to support skills development, to build a better Britain. They are an executive non-departmental public body in charge of their own budget and activities. Sponsored by the UK Department for Education, they are also accountable to government ministers, and ultimately to the UK Parliament
The Site Supervisor Safety qualification can be renewed every five years by attending the SSSTS Refresher course
KeyOstas courses can be delivered at your premises or a specific site, or at one of our own training centres in the Midlands, depending upon your specific requirements
Please note we impose a minimum of 6 delegates per course
Prices exclude CITB fees and VAT